Website Privacy Statement
Privacy & Security Notice
- All Howell Township Board of Education Web sites are provided as a service by the Howell Township Board of Education.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Privacy StatementIt is the policy of Howell Township Board of Education that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body. All school Web sites:
- collect communication protocol addresses from the personal computers accessing the Web site in order to facilitate communication. By itself, this information does not constitute personal information.
- do not place a "cookie" on your computer, and
- will not track your movements through the Web site.