Howell Township Public Schools: General Student Registration Instructions
The district’s online pre-registration system enrolls a student in the current school year (July 1 through June 30). Registration consists of two steps:
- Online Pre-Registration: The parent/guardian uses a secure web portal to enter the student’s information, receive copies of any required registration forms and schedule a registration appointment with the central registration office.
- In-Person Registration Session: The parent/guardian visits the Central Registration Office in the district administration building to provide completed forms and copies of documents required to register the student.
Important Notice for All Enrollments
Due to budgetary concerns and class size considerations, your child(ren) may not necessarily attend your home school. Decisions regarding where your child(ren) will attend will be made as soon as possible and be based upon seat availability. Transportation to and from school will be provided at district expense.
A. Documents You Will Need for Registration
Certain documents and information are required to register a student with Howell Township Public Schools. Links to all required and optional forms are provided in the registration checklist which is displayed when you finish online pre-registration.
Documents required for registration include:
- 2 proofs of residency (Examples of Proofs of Residency)
Accepted Proofs of Residency
A.One (1) of the following MUST be provided:
- Property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed letters from landlords and other evidence of property ownership, tenancy or residency.
B.One other document to show your attachment to the residence can be provided from A (above) or from any of the following:
- Voter registrations, licenses, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location.
- Court orders, State agency agreements and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives.
- Receipts, bills, cancelled checks and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location or, where applicable, to support of the student
- Medical reports, counselor or social worker assessments, employment documents, benefit statements and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating, where applicable, family or economic hardship or temporary residency.
- Affidavits, certifications and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria for school attendance from the parent, legal guardian, person keeping an "affidavit student", adult student, person(s) with whom a family is living or others as appropriate.
- Documents pertaining to military status and assignment.
- Any business record or document issued by a governmental entity.
Examples of Accepted Proof of Residence Documents
- Current property tax bill listing building and land containing the name(s) of the mortgagee(s)/property owner(s).
- Lease or a notarized Landlord Affidavit. The lease shall be current and must indicate the term of the lease, the address of the lease property, the name of the property owner, the name of the lessee, and a listing of tenants.
- Valid driver's license indicating physical address of residence.
- Valid state photo identification card indicating physical address of residence.
- Public assistance or social security identification issued within the past thirty (30) days indicating physical address of residence.
- Any other documentation within the past thirty (30) days deemed relevant by the school district indicating the physical address of residence (e.g. current utility bill, current credit card statement, current mortgage statement or current vehicle registration).
The Board of Education shall consider the totality of information and documentation offered by an applicant, and shall not deny enrollment based on failure to provide a particular form or subset of documents without regard to other evidence presented.
The affidavits and registration forms submitted are legal documents. By signing these forms, you are certifying that the information being submitted is true to the best of your knowledge. In the event that any of the information submitted is found to be fraudulent, you may be subject to criminal and civil penalties and tuition may be assessed for any period of ineligible attendance as stated above.
- Completed Residency Affidavit Section A and Sections B or C if they apply (Section A, Section B, Section C).
- Student’s current physical exam and immunization record. Please review the Immunization Requirements for Kindergarten.
- For new students:
- Student’s original birth certificate with raised seal.
- For transferring students:
- Name, address and phone number of previous school.
- A copy of the transfer card if available.
- Please also see the District Nurse's Section for additional information and medical permission forms.
B. Find the School the Student Will Attend
Use the district’s street-to-school list to find the student’s school based on the student’s home address.
- Open the street-to-school list by clicking on this link: District Street-to-School List.
- Find your street name.
- The elementary and middle schools for this address are listed to the left of the street name. A key to the abbreviations is shown at the bottom of each page.
- Note the school names and continue with Step C.
C. Pre-Register the Student for the Current School Year
- Visit the district’s registration website: https://registration.howell.k12.nj.us.
- Click the “Pre-Register” button on the left side of the page to begin.
- IMPORTANT: Write down the user name and password you use when creating your parent/guardian account.
- Follow the instructions to register a student.
- Schedule an in-person appointment with the Central Registration Office through the registration website or by calling 732-751-2480 x3860. Due to security considerations, you must have a scheduled appointment. Unscheduled appointments cannot be honored. Allow yourself time to complete all required documents before attending your appointment.
You can view a step-by-step guide at this link: Online Pre-Registration Guide for Parents and Guardians.
D. Attend the In-Person Registration Appointment
- Complete any required forms before your scheduled in-person registration appointment.
- Attend the registration appointment you scheduled in Step C.
Provide completed forms and copies of required registration documents to the district registrar.
District Central Registration Office
200 Squankum-Yellowbrook Road
Farmingdale, NJ 07727